We have a great opportunity for young adults with lived experience to assist on a variety of tasks including curriculum development and more!
Job title: Curriculum Development and Training Consultant
Description: The Professional Development Program (PDP), at the University at Albany, seeks individuals who have been in foster care, have experienced homelessness, or have been juvenile justice involved to bring their perspective to a statewide youth services training program. Consultants will review and provide assistance in development of curricula and other project resources and materials, take part in delivery of select trainings and assist in programming that serves youth in foster care, and their caseworkers and/or foster parents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Willingness to draw on lived experience in foster care, juvenile justice and/or homelessness to strengthen training curricula and supportive materials and programming.
- Solid research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking and facilitation.
- Demonstrated platform skills applicable to training.
- Availability during traditional workday and occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Consultant assignments will be designated through individually developed agreements.
- Depending on consultant assignments, time necessary could range between 10 and 20 hours a week.
Please contact Molly McHale at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or to submit your resume.